The Next Generation (TNG) works with candidates and causes we feel passionate about, those who are committed to advancing progressive policies, protecting the environment, and making a difference in their community. For decades, TNG has worked to elect over a hundred of progressive candidates to local water and utility boards, city councils and boards of supervisors, countywide and regional offices, and the California State Assembly. We take pride in working with progressive leaders to improve communities at all levels of government. Our experience gives us the know-how to identify and maximize candidates’ strengths in the context of their particular election.
TNG has also built a reputation as one of the region’s most effective environmental advocates because we understand how to make real change at the state, regional, and local level. We have successfully teamed with a wide range of environmental groups because we share their goals, speak their language, and have earned their trust.
The Next Generation’s Campaigns Director will lead much of our candidate work for the 2020 cycle. They will work directly with the President to manage the candidate campaigns. TNG provides an array of services to clients including strategy, messaging, mail, email and digital media, and campaign oversight. The Campaigns Director should be the primary point person for the candidates and be able to manage all deliverables for clients.
Elements of the Campaigns Director role include:
• Provide campaign strategy to clients and develop key messaging;
• Maintain project management tools to ensure the timely completion of all deliverables and maintaining ongoing timelines for multiple campaigns;
• Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates helping to resolve issues as they arise;
• Lead the development of mail, digital assets, and other creative elements for candidates;
• Create content for candidates’ website, emails, social media, and other materials as needed;
• Supervise TNG account executives in their work with campaigns; and
• Work will include a campaign schedule with nights and weekends not uncommon close to election day.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience in lead role on electoral campaigns (e.g.- primary campaign consultant or campaign manager) in at least two election cycles;
• Excellent project management skills and experience using project management software. Also, excellent with details and managing deadlines;
• Good communications skills particularly campaign writing. Digital and email experience preferred;
• Past experience managing staff and have strong personnel management skills; and
• Experience developing campaign materials including mail.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information, see www.nextgeneration.org
TNG is always looking for qualified individuals to join our team. If you feel your skills could be of use to our work, but do not see an suitable opening, please email us your resumé at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you could bring to the team.
Thanks for your interest in TNG!